[nagdu] anticipating

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sun Aug 15 16:00:46 UTC 2010

Thanks to everyone on your insights on anticipating or initiative.

I was thinking more about it and remembering one of the first guide dog
teams I was around would always, always go to the curb before turning.  He
did this even when he was using a cane and heeling the guide.  I think I got
it in my head that this is how all guide dog teams work.

In recent years when I'm around people with guide dogs it's either for a
very brief moment, indoors or I'm busy talking with the person and not
paying attention to how they work together.

It's funny to think after all these years of training my own guides and
thinking we were doing things so much differently from a program, that it's
really not that very much different.

Julie