[nagdu] another reason for having your own harness

Stepper stepper12 at cableone.net
Sat Aug 21 03:11:14 UTC 2010

Hello listers.
I haven't been on here a while.
However this subject really struck me deep inside.

When we write on this list serve or any other, these comments are available to any and all people or schools that care to read now or later in the archives, and I think we forget that. I know I sure do.
But given that I still would like to say the following about how I feel about most services for blind people and
At the guide dog schools for the most part and state services for the blind it seems to me its like two languages are being spoken at the same time.
One language is telling us you really one of us, and the sub language which is louder is, not really, but to stay in business we have to pretend your equal.
I am not saying every school and every state services speak these two languages at once, however in my life experience most do.
I am finding out that the longer I am around the more it hurts. So I try and stay clear if I can.
When I stop and think about it, there is no other animal training schooling anywhere I have heard of that says after you and your animal have completed training you can't have ownership for a year or two, or never.
Can you imagine, if this was any other physical disability group?
Unheard of, I believe.
But we don't as a group for the most part have the money or the drive to attempt owner training, so we suck up, and take the deal, even though inside it kills us.
Knowing that there are a couple of schools that transfer ownership at end of trading as its been said already, speak volumes. These are not two language schools.

Stepper