[nagdu] another reason for having your own harness

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sat Aug 21 12:55:10 UTC 2010

Stepper,

Very well said.  I think generally people do remember that this is a public
list and that is why it is rare for posts like Rox's.  There is a pervasive
fear of speaking of a negative experience that identifies a particular
school because there will be repercussions real or imagined.  If there was
no fear why wouldn't people speak up and just say I didn't have such a good
experience at program X?

We do this with everything else.  I refuse to eat at Country Kitchen because
I had a bad experience there.  I'm not afraid to say it out loud because I
know that absolutely nothing will come of it.  Now if I depended on Country
Kitchen for my next meal, I might not be so free with my commentary.Or if I
knew that the Country Kitchen employees were going to go tell every other
restaurant so that I would never be able to eat out again, well that would
be very bad.  I think I'd probably keep my mouth shut in that case too.
Sure I can cook at home, but I like to keep my options open you know?
*smile*

I do find it very, very interesting that only 1% of graduates from GDB apply
for ownership.  I was told this by GDB personnel directly.

Just some morning ponderings,
Julie