[nagdu] Why people don't criticize schools

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Aug 21 13:45:47 UTC 2010

I don't know why other people don't speak of negative experiences
publicly, but, for me, it's not so much what the school might do but what
their devotees might do.  If I say that School X did such-and-so, it's
quite possible people will jump all over me for saying so.  I once
criticized GDB's ownership policy on a GDB users' list, and got attacked
from every direction.  I don't need that crap.  Also, if I like most
things about my school, I don't want to run them down in public.  Also, I
don't want to criticize someone else's school in the same way I wouldn't
want to criticize their friends publicly.  It just annoys people.

I think most GDB grads don't apply for ownership out of inertia.  If the
situation were reversed, and one had to apply for GDB to own the dog, most
people wouldn't do that, either.
JMO.
Tracy