[nagdu] Why people don't criticize schools

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Mon Aug 23 23:36:38 UTC 2010

Tracy,

I commend you on this post.  I am a proud Leader Dog handler, and sometimes
feel frustrated with the posts about LD.  What people do not know is that LD
is doing a lot to change policies, their training, and so much more.  A lot
of what I read is pure speculation from those who have never been there;
possibly only from fielding frustrations from handlers who are having some
degree of issue.  I don't even want to speculate on that as it is not my
place, and do respect how each individual feels about their allegiance to
their school. If someone wants to ask me about LD and the cool changes that
have been recently implemented, great, but please don't assume anything
about a particular agency people as it does sometimes indeed make you look
like an ass.  If I respect you, then I would expect you to reciprocate that
same sentiment toward me.

JMHO,
Steve