[nagdu] Too much petting from roommates

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 1 16:38:25 UTC 2010

Jess,

I still get sloppy sometimes when I'm out with DD, because I fall into the
habit of following him and orienting off of him instead of letting Mitzi do
her job.  So she gets sloppy, too.  Sigh.  I'm starting to correct that in
myself, and she actually seems to prefer it that way.  Educating him on the
subject of watching out for us is sometimes difficult.  /smile/  Especially
in parking lots!  Still, it's good distraction refresher for both of us when
he's taking a sighted person angle through while Mitzi takes me on the route
she believes is safe for her blind handler.  /smile/  He knows better, but
in such a truly dangerous place just can't help himself.  Scares the willies
out of the poor man.

Still, with maturity and experience -- for both of us -- we manage some
approximation of proper safety and professionalism even when we're with
other humans, especially when I remember to remind myself to behave.
/smile/  Still, we're both sharper and are a sharper team when it's just us
curly girls..

Tami Smith-Kinney