[nagdu] Expected DOJRuling in Next Few Weeks

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Mon Feb 1 22:19:09 UTC 2010

Theoretical question time...

Lets assume that the proposed rules pass as they are.  So minature horses
would not be recognized as service animals as per federal law.  But what
about states that have laws that don't specify species?  I know some state
laws do actually say "dog" but many only say "animal".  So...I'm a wonderin'
if in these states it is still acceptable to use a minature horse because
the state law is less restrictive.

Am I lost or would this be the case?

I'm still pondering the smelly dog thing.  When I figure out the logical
enforcement of that one I'll let yawl know. *smile*

Julie