[nagdu] Expected DOJRuling in Next Few Weeks

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Tue Feb 2 02:39:32 UTC 2010

Julie,

I had thought something similar, but also at that point, implementing the
same request for reasonable accommodation or modification of policy and
practice if indeed these regs are approved as is.  We know that State laws
cannot be more restrictive, and if we are interpreting this correctly, they
are not, but does the mere fact that the Federal law changes also change the
State's by default?  I don't think so, but maybe one of the attorney's on
the listserv might be able to shed more light on this, or perhaps Marion as
he has definitely vested a lot of time into understanding these changes.

The word *smelly* is more specifically underlined by the word offensive, and
hopefully, there will be some more clear definition of what this actually
is.  However, if there is not, then this is definitely not good as so many
have already pointed out scenarios where simply walking through a rain
shower, sprinkler, or even after a pup has had a really hard and intense
workout, has a tendency to emit odors that some do find offensive.  I
honestly don't like either word.

Steve

Steve