[nagdu] Get control of that dog

Michelle m-johnson at bigpond.com
Mon Feb 22 08:07:42 UTC 2010

Hey wow! That's an impressive comment there. Today I got into my pastor's
car for a lift home. I told him that because I use a gentle leader with Troy
now, he doesn't have to assist me so much as he used to do. Then when we
were nearly home, I said that if he parked at the bottom of our driveway,
I'd be quite capable of getting out and walking myself and the dog up to my
home. He said ok, so when I got out, the pastor got out too. I said I'd be
all right, and as he nearly took my left forearm to guide me, he quickly
said "Oh are you gonna be all right there?" I said "Yeah I am!" in an
excited, happy voice. He watched me and Troy walk to the house, speechless.
I then said thanks to him and said goodbye to him. Things were rosy because
I simply stated what I needed help with and what I didn't need help with,
all in a friendly tone of course. No mucking around though. I shall be like
that with everybody from now on. And if they keep trying to help when I
don't need it, I'll take your advice on board too, because I think the way
you take people aside and deal with their misgivings is wonderful!

Kind regards,

Michelle