[nagdu] guide dogs

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sun Feb 21 14:29:28 UTC 2010

Jennifer,

Every guide dog is different.  Every handler is different.  Every guide dog
and handler team is different.  What works for one dog, person or team may
not work for another person or the same person with a different dog.

The bottom line is that you have to be able to think through any situation
that might come up and find a solution that works for you.

I and the others on the list can tell you what we do, what we have found
that works and what hasn't worked for us, but that really doesn't mean squat
in the end.  Because you have to find what works for you not us.

For the first few months I had Monty he slept in his crate at night.  Now he
is free at night.  He sleeps in my bed.  He doesn't roam the house at night.
He doesn't get into things.  It works for me and Monty.  If you ask 5 other
people you could very well get 5 other answers.  That doesn't mean 4 of them
are wrong, it just means they have all found the formula that works for
them.

HTH
Julie