[nagdu] guide dogs

Jonathan Lyens jonathan at lyens.com
Fri Feb 26 06:02:16 UTC 2010

Jennifer,

Again, you have asked a question with an answer that will differ for
everyone! At GDB, they bring everyone together in one room to tell you
what breed, color, and name of dog you're getting. Then you are told to
go to your room to wait for somebody to come get you to meet your dog.

When this happened to me, I became the stereotypical father in a
hospital waiting room. I began pacing... waiting... poking my head into
the hall waiting for somebody to come get me.

Then when my turn came, and they brought Turbo into the room, he ignored
me. Honestly, he didn't care I existed! I was sitting there waiting,
excited as anything. He walked in the room, and began sniffing the
ground, completely ignoring the fact I exist.

Then, suddenly, he walks up and says "hey dude!" and gave me a big lick
on the nose. It wasn't until then I became emotional...

But, now every other person on this list will give you a different
answer. And, you should just let it go. I really think you need to just
accept your experience will be yours. It will be so completely
different., that nobody will be able to predict it. Most significantly,
you will love every second. "Your" time will be completely special and
unique to you, that you will remember it forever.

Congratulations. I'm so excited for you. Let us know how it comes out!

Best-

Jonathan