[nagdu] guide dogs

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Fri Feb 26 14:15:49 UTC 2010

I agree in this instance. Just like each of us have a different personality
and a different way of doing things so do our guides. My experience was much
the same at the GDF except when we met our guides. We were left in our
rooms, as was relayed like an expectant  father, and then the knock on the
door and my heart jumped into my throat. I said come in and we were told to
wait a few seconds and then give the command of come! In that instance a
beautiful 87 pound lab came bounding into the room, jumped up on his hind
legs, paws on my shoulders, licked my face, as tears were streaming down my
face. He knocked me to the floor and we wrestled a bit. I knew then and
there I had my perfect mate. Now some on this list will be cringing about a
guide doing that, but I do that when I meet you,well sort of, so the dog was
a perfect match for me no doubt. I am very emotional right now and need to
go cuddle with my boy! It is and will be the most unique and personal
experience outside of having your own child I would think.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.