[nagdu] question about ownership and retirement

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Wed Jan 6 19:37:28 UTC 2010

Hi Lora,
Great that you're applying to Seeing Eye!  A "bad" dog can come out of any
school - my first one from Seeing Eye was one!  I went to another school and
got an "OK" dog and then returned to Seeing Eye after that.  Dogs are living
animals and there's no guarentees no matter what program they're from.
However, I look at HOW I am treated by the program when there's a problem. I
worked with that dog I had for two years and tried many things my
instructors asked me to do.  Finally, it was agreed by the school and myself
that this dog was unsuitable for the work.  At NO time during this, did I
ever feel disrespected by Seeing Eye staff. The Seeing Eye is the only
school that I can say I have never been disrespected by while there or after
I came home.  BTW, several years later, Seeing Eye's Director of Training
told me that that dog of mine should have never gone out in the first place!
Hey, live and learn!

You will like Seeing Eye and I wish you much luck!  I am not trying to bash
anyone's school - you all go to the program you like and you have success
at.  This is my experiences only! (grin!)

Lyn and Landon