[nagdu] Hello from returning member

Gail deerskin at oct.net
Sun Jun 13 21:46:06 UTC 2010

Thank you for your kindness!

I think I do remember you, from when I was here before. I remember many of
the members, like Marion, Buddy and Cheryl. And I'm sure that if I sit and
listen long enough, I can learn many things from youall!

A Lab/boxer cross...that is one I hadnt heard of. An interesting mix of
traits to balance out the two breeds, hm? These early days as a team are so
neat, though. I loved every minute of training my own dogs, and wish I still
could.

I know about KSDS, but its a very small school, with few dogs out every year
 so it can take years on their waiting list before you might have a chance
at a dog. And one person I knew, who had waited 3 years for a service dog,
had to leave without one because the two of them didnt make a good match.
Their dogs are good, though. But aside from that, trying to train in the
kind of weather we have here in Kansas would be more than I can handle. The
humidity here is terrible...I've heard people from Florida and Georgia say
its worse than their home state! It must be hard on dogs and people, too...I
know it is on me. So, I'm trying for GDB in California, where I know the
weather is easier for me to train in. At my age/health/etc, gonna do
whatever it takes to do the job right! <wry grin>

Anyway, its good to be back!

Gail