[nagdu] waiting time?

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Tue Jun 15 22:10:33 UTC 2010

Hi Jessica,
It all depends on if you are a returning student to a school and what your
dog needs are.  Newcomers to any given school must wait longer than their
existing graduates. If you have specific things needed in a dog - ei slow
with light pull, large dog, real small dog, specific breeds, etc, you'll
wait longer.  They need to have room in a class and have a good match among
the dogs ready for any given class before calling you into a class.

To get Landon, I had a bit over 6 month wait go get on class.  I was a
returning student to TSE and I asked for a tall anything but a full Golden
retriever.  It is best to put as little restrictions on what kind of dog as
you can.  I need the taller dog for my balance even though a small one is
sure easier to stow under seats and tables!  I got a male Lab/Golden cross
and I'm happy with him!

That's good you applied to a bunch of schools - one will come through for
you before you know it! (grin!)  Good luck.

BTW, another subject, we had another good sized earthquake last night - a
5.7 mag.  Landon got up from his nap, looked around and then lay back down
to resume his nap.  This quake lasted about 5 or 6 seconds.  Unlike the
bigger one on Easter Sunday.  that one was a 6.9 and lasted for several
minutes! It just kept on shaking and shaking the house!  We've had lots of
seismic activity lately here in southern CA and some of the faults southeast
of us are coming alive!  Sure reminds us that we do live upon a living
planet!

Cheers,

Lyn and Landon who isn't sure about all this shaking under his feet!