[nagdu] guide dogs

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Mon Mar 8 23:15:11 UTC 2010

Yes, my very large (26.5 90 lb) black lab Boxer cross doesn't get petted
that much.  It still happens, but less than my other two dogs.  Not sure if
it's the size, the color or the death ray eyeballs! LOL

He's very serious in harness and doesn't appreciate people petting him,
usually anyway.    My hunch is that his lack of reaction or backing out of
the way of being petted is the biggest deterrent.

My first dog would drive me crazy with her flirting.  She'd look up at
people in a very inviting way and wag her tail slowly, just begging for
attention.  She wouldn't move her feet, pull toward them, jump, nudge or
anything like that.  It was all in the way she would visually interact with
others.

Julie