[nagdu] the Dalmatian guide

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Wed May 5 00:44:36 UTC 2010

I don't recall where Clayton got his dogs from, a breeder I think, though
his wife ran a stable or had something to do with horses and hence had some
contacts with Dalmatian people.

For those who remember Stanley Doran, the founder of the Newsreel Magazine
and one of the first trainers at Pilot Dogs, it was Stan's brother Walter
who trained Clayton's dogs. Walter is still around and was, at last I heard,
still helping blind people to train their own dogs. He's an incredible man.
He put the traffic work and some other things on Clay's dogs as I understood
it. He also helped several other people in the Columbus area train their own
guides.

I believe he too worked as an instructor at Pilot until the early 1970's.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com