[nagdu] Dalmatians

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed May 5 16:55:11 UTC 2010

Jewel,

A friend and I have discussed the advantages of using an Irish Wolfhound as
a guide dog, especially as an antidote to drunks at bus stops.  She is quite
petite, and the image of her standing at a bus stop beside a dog as tall as
she is just tickles me pink.

Then again, as much as I adore huge dogs, the problem of where to put one
once you get on the bus makes me appreciate my petite poodle.  It seems my
friend's petite GSD from TSE does quite well, there, too.  /smile/  She
doesn't seem to scare the locals, though, the way a larger GSD guide of
another rpeson I know does.  Apparently, people will dash across the street
stopping traffic when they see that dangerous, ferocious beast coming for
them!

Ah, well.  Public interactions with one's guide dog do keep one entertained
wondering what they will come up with next.  /lol/

I got an oldie but goodie with the poodle yesterday:  "Do you do the curls
yourself, or is she really that way?"  Oh, yeah.  I curl the poodle every
day, you bet.

Tami Smith-Kinney