[nagdu] Puppyraising for owner training

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Fri May 7 20:18:30 UTC 2010

Because sighted people think we can't do stuff  - they forget we get
training to do stuff.  Blind people think we can't do stuff because we learn
from infanthood that we can't do it because we're blind. A nasty vicious
circle!

I have to say that I once thought it wasn't possible for a blind person to
teach mobility or train a guide dog until I SAW it for myself. We really
need more stories out there in public that tells how we do these things.  I
foought about owner training of guide dogs for YEARS before I joined NAGDU
and met folks who were actually doing it. I favored it as long as the person
did a good job at it - which I saw a couple of times over the years back
east.

We sure have alot of negative crap to unload out of our minds - myself
included.  I think it is going in the right direction but we need to remain
dilegent and watchful for ourselves and our rights.

Lyn and Landon