[nagdu] waiting in line

Katrin Andberg katrin at maplewooddog.com
Wed May 12 18:15:00 UTC 2010

I have taught James how to do this as well.  I started with a "follow" and I
also taught him "walk up" means "take 1 step forward at a time".  So when I
wanted to teach him to stand and follow a line I combined the "follow" cue
and the "walk up" cue and he picked it up very quickly.  Then again James
has always been good with the follow cue.

Katrin

Katrin Andberg

 <mailto:katrin at maplewooddog.com> katrin at maplewooddog.com

-------------

I would love to teach Monty to wait patiently in line and to move up when

appropriate.  How did those of you who taught this to your dogs do it?  I'm

thinking I would teach follow first, then vary the follow to include pauses

and then longer and longer pauses.  Am I on the right track?

Monty is not a very good follower. *sigh*  He is getting better though.

I really haven't worked on anything totally new in the past 6 months.  We

have been working just on smoothing out the intricacies of working together.

Now that that is well in hand, I think this summer I'll work on adding

additional skills.

Love all the ideas!

Julie