[nagdu] Man's dogs will set blind kids free

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sun May 16 14:33:15 UTC 2010

I think for me the major problem that I have with this article is that this
man is perceived as being a knowledgeable professional in the field of
blindness because he has founded this organization.  From his reports it
doesn't seem as if he is very well aware or connected with available
services and resources.  However because he is perceived as being
knowledgeable about blindness and guide dogs his opinions will be taken much
broader than if he was just a single person not affiliated with any
particular profession.

To me there is a huge, huge difference between saying, "I have difficulty
with..." and "All blind people have difficulty with..."  Even if I do use
the word "I", if I am speaking on behalf of an agency, organization or group
of blind people my comments will be taken as representative of *all* of that
group.

JMHO
Julie