[nagdu] comparing harnesses

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sun May 16 15:05:18 UTC 2010

Mardi,

I have one of the harnesses from eBay that are available with both the
support handle and the guide handle.  the particular harness I have only has
the guide handle.  I'd have to look up the exact name of the company, but it
was in Canada.

I remember that I posted a review of the harness when I first got it.  I'm
sort of a nut about harnesses.  I have quite a few. *smile*

Anyway I would not recommend this particular harness.  I had to completely
remove the front chest strap from the harness and sew an entirely new front
portion.  The chest strap provided with the harness was adjustable with
Velcro on the inside, which meant that the edges of this strap could cause
some serious rubbing issues.  Also it rode extremely high, not resting at
all on Monty's breastbone, but instead entirely on the soft tissue near his
neck.   I also had to put padding into this harness because of issues with
rubbing.  This could be due to Monty's particular coat and not a problem of
the harness that most people would experience.  The handle only comes in one
length, which was too long for me.  It would probably be about right for
many people though.  My husband was nice enough to cut the metal for me to
make the handle shorter.

After all those changes, I'm still not pleased with the harness.

JMHO
Julie