[nagdu] Missing Washington Co. Boy Found After 5-MileBarefootWalk

Nicole B. Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Wed May 19 00:44:03 UTC 2010

I think that this is a very interesting conversation that brings up many
important points.  However, I think that it is important to not generalize
but rather to consider each situation individually.  I know of a career
changed guide dog that was placed with a boy who has autism, and things
seemed to work very well.  I understand that that is not always the case.
In this particular case, it sounded as though the boy was able to take the
dog places without his parents going with him, and there was a strong bond
between him and the dog.