[nagdu] Guide dog Attacked near syracuse

Margo and Arrow margo.downey at verizon.net
Wed May 26 16:03:55 UTC 2010

Hello, everyone.

A fidelco guide dog was attacked by a German shepherd last Saturday in liverpool, new York.  As president of the New York Association of Guide Dog Users, I have been working with the handler to get this resolved.  her dog was not badly injured and was shaken up but seems to be working all right and doing quite well.  fidelco is working with christ and Extra.  Lucy cox, a member of our division and also vice president of the Syracuse chapter, is working alongside us as well.  Below is a newspaper article in today's Syracuse paper.  it's quite accurate.  I wish the reporter had added things that I said to what she said I said but it's quite accurate.  I wish I had quoted the price of raising and training a guide dog as a lot higher, but, oh, well.

Oh, another  thing.  the copy of the service animal attack law that was delivered to the Liverpool Police Department and to the town of Salina dog Warden was the wrong one and that law is referred to in the article, but, the correct version--the more recent law--has been delivered which is a lot stronger than just ticketing the owner.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/05/blind_liverpool_woman_may_lose.html

Margo and Arrow

so, here's the link to the article: