[nagdu] EXTERNAL:Re: Full Body Scanning Machines

Michael Hingson info at michaelhingson.com
Thu Nov 18 23:26:50 UTC 2010

Thanks for your reply.  I too understand about some wishing to use the long
leash so long as it is understood that metal on the leash can set off the
alarm.

I have tried both ways, with and without a leash.  I get better results, no
additional scrutiny, when I do not hold the leash.  However, my solution is
not for everyone.

My whole point in commenting on the thread is that we can avoid pat downs if
we do not have metal on us when walking through the detectors.  If we are
attached to our dogs, even by a leash, the TSA rules dictate that we must be
searched along with our dogs.  If people are offended by the new rules then
make sure you don't set off the alarm and usually you will be fine.

The Michael Hingson Group, INC.
 “Speaking with Vision”
Michael Hingson, President
(415) 827-4084
info at michaelhingson.com
To learn more about my upcoming book, speaking topics and speaking
availability please visit www.michaelhingson.com
Thunder Dog is now available for early ordering on Amazon!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Thunder-Dog-Blind-Triumph-Ground/dp/140020304X/ref=sr_
1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289090352&sr=1-3

for info on the new KNFB Reader Mobile, visit:
http://knfbreader.michaelhingson.com