[nagdu] Freedom for guide dogs

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 23:22:42 UTC 2010

Yes.  Make sure to do obedience on and off leash.  I personally never
let my dog just run in the yard.  Harsh, I know, but I do have a long
leash, and she does well on that.  My dog is a special case though.
If she picks up anything in the yard, she will get very sick.  I'm
just trying to say that it's not a problem if you don't let your dog
run free in the yard.  I would definitely buy one of those long
leashes though.  They are great!  They will give you a lot of
exercise.  Lol!

Also, you could try letting your dog free in one room at a time.  For
example, you could sit in one room while your on the computer, letting
your dog free and see how he does.  Then, you could introduce him to
every room in turn and finally let him roam around the house freely.
One of the things that they tought us in school(this really applies to
my dog) is that you need to know where your dog is at all times.  Just
as long as you always know where is, you shouldn't have a problem.

Hope this helps.