[nagdu] The event we were at this weekend and also talking about guide dogs

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 4 13:59:27 UTC 2010

We were a vendor at our official first event and hope to be out and doing more events in the coming months.

It was the Stony Brook Apple Festival which is held every year at the Stony Brook community Church in Stony Brook, NY, which is located in Suffolk County, Long Island. Not to far from us.

It was a beautiful sunny, cool day.

We got to meet a lot of new people and some vendors hope to see again in the future at other events.

Echevarria Travel was there to promote our business and to get the word out about the Fundraiser Cruise for the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, which is not to far from Stony Brook.

We also did a raffle of a 3 day/2 Night Hotel Accommodation for 2, $1 a raffle was sold to  raise money for one of the Church's organizations Pennies from Heaven.

A little information on Pennies from Heaven which is working in conjunction with Visionworld.org which sponsors children in need all over the world.  This year the church sponsored a boy named, Carlos, who is from Mexico.

We raised over $100 towards there Ministry.  The person that won, is also a Orientation and Mobility Instructor for the Blind, named David Seyfert.  Some people in the blind community of Long Island may know of him, what a small world.

Also, we got to see people from the Guide Dog Foundation there was well, one of the Kennel people were there with a dog in training another black Labrador.

Maxx, was also having an awesome time, for those of you who do not know my guide dog's name is Maxx.

He was so good and I was proud of him, we were also talking about my guide dog and what a guide dog is and what he does.  We are always educating as well.

So we have been invited back again to work with them in this event, and hope to do another raffle for them as well.

We also mentioned that we do all kinds of fundraising.  Echevarria Travel gives back, it is nice to have your own company were you can give back to the community.  Not all business do that, but we do, when we are going to be at events, we will be doing similar fundraising raffles along with promoting our business.  If it is at a general event and not at a church or something we will raise money for the Guide Dog Foundation and other non-profit organizations that we support.

If you need a fundraiser for your non-profit let Echevarria Travel know and we will be glad to work with you.

Along with our regular offerings of World Wide Destination Travel.

Cheryl Echevarria
http://Echevarriatravel.com<http://echevarriatravel.com/>
1-866-580-5574
Reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:Reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise and Travel Inc.

join my yahoogroup
echevarriatravel-subscribe at yahoogroups.com<mailto:echevarriatravel-subscribe at yahoogroups.com>