[nagdu] welcome Sharon was Cab drivers in DC pass blind peoplewithguide dogs

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Fri Sep 10 01:28:14 UTC 2010

Welcome Sharon!

I'm Julie, the moderator of the list.  I'm not sure what you mean about the
discussion of the cab drivers being normal for this list.  It's normal for
us to discuss articles.  It's normal that we don't agree.  It's normal for
the discussion to veer into off topic territory.  But if your asking if it
is normal to be denied access to a business like a cab, I suppose that would
depend on where you live, your particular ability to advocate for yourself
and about a million other factors.  I live in a very, very small town in the
Midwest and it is very rare that I have any sort of access issue.  I have
actually never had one in regard to a guide dog.  I know other blind people
that encounter difficulty on a weekly basis.  I wish I knew what the
difference is, but I don't.

Best of luck with your adventures at Leader.  I love to read training
journals, hint-hint! *smile*

Again, welcome!
Julie