[nagdu] Hello

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 6 00:16:16 UTC 2011

Welcome, Sarah!  My name is Tami (pronounced Tammy, in case you're using
JAWS), and I live in Oregon with my nearly 5 year old owner trained poodle
guide Mitzi.  I spent a number of happy hears of my young adulthood down in
LA and loved it.  I wouldn't have had so much fun there if I weren't able to
drive at the time, though.  /grin/  Has public transportation improved much
since the late 80's?

Anyway, it's good to see another potential poodle user joining us.  Boy, are
you in for an adventure!  /evil grin/  We do have another poodle guide user
from B.C. on the list, so now I can watch how someone else handles some of
those special poodle qualities.  Or hear someone else say some of those
things a poodle guide user tends to say without remembering that people with
sensible dogs like labs and goldens and shepherds no doubt find completely
nutty. /lol/  I wouldn't trade my poodle for the world, and I love her
poodly temperament and energy and enthusiasm.  She's a clever, clever guide,
which I love when we go adventuring.  She has an incredible vocabulary and
has me totally spoiled with her power of finding things.  She is also very
busy, very active and requires plenty of running exercise and play to stay
in balance.  So I like to say that she keeps me fit and young except for
when she makes me feel old and weary.  /lol/

Miguel sounds like a great guy.  I love the labbies and goldens, even though
I've always been a shepherd nut from years before I needed a guide.

Tami Smith-Kinney