[nagdu] Puppy raising Question

Sarah Clark goldflash9 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 7 20:42:14 UTC 2011

Hi Diana,
Unfortunately your puppy raiser friend does not have any rights when it
comes to bringing her puppy to work.  The right of access goes with the
handler, not the dog, and it is the blind handler who has the rights, and
only when the dog has actually completed training as a guide.
Many puppy raisers are able to bring their puppies in training to stores,
work, etc, but that is only because the establishment has chosen to allow
it.  If they don't grant access, the raiser has no legal standing, and
should probably not push the issue.

Sarah & Miguel