[nagdu] Puppy raising Question

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 17:55:58 UTC 2011

Lyn,

Last september, I accidentally ended up in a hospital in a suburb of
Seattle while away on a trip.  I was on the cardiac floor for several
days and Laveau stayed with me.

During the day, I needed to take walks around the floor so they could
monitor my oxygen saturation levels in an attempt to ween me off of
the oxygen and the myriad other types of "lung candy."

My first walk around the floor was kind a a circus because there was
me, who was hooked up to a heart monitor, with an oxygen tank and a
pulse-ox meter on my finger being guided by Laveau with the nurse
behind us hauling my tank.  Many of the patients on the floor saw us
pass and asked for a visit from Laveau and me when we took our next
stroll.  Since I was confined to bed, except for these walks, I
decided that a little visiting would spice things up for everyone.
The nurse got a list of patients wanting a visit and on the afternoon
walk, we made the rounds.  We did this for my entire stay at that
hospital.  It made me feel good that I could make patients happy while
getting exercise.

I should say that Laveau is very reserved and her greeting is on cue,
so she knows when to "go say hi" and when to get back to work.  It was
a really good experience for us both.

Rox and the Botanical Barkers:
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"The only problem with troubleshooting is, sometimes, trouble shoots
back."
http://www.pawpowercreations.com
pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl