[nagdu] dogs and fire

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 8 21:52:02 UTC 2011

Hi, all,
I know this isn't guide dog related, but wanted to ask a question in regards
of my subject line.
Have any of you experienced guide or pet dogs having an offenity for fire?
My brother just mentioned to a bunch of us as my father's house how his
labariner  mix (labrador/weimariner cross) Gage likes to step into the fire
pit in my mom's back yard while a fire is going in there.
Am not sure if Gage's paws became burned or not, but my brother said do to
him continuously doing that, he was almost rushed to the vet because of
smoke inhailation.
I'm not fond of any form of fire and am glad my retired guide dog Odie
wouldn't try something like that.
*Wow*
Honestly, my brother Josh should really try to break Gage from that type of
behavior, but it's up to him to do that.
I can't fix that one bit as Gage isn't my dog.
On the other hand, Gage behaves much worse off than Odie, so he definitely
wouldn't make a great guide dog for me if that were possible.
*Just curious*
Bibi and retired Odie