[nagdu] Mobility and Dogs

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 21 10:54:26 UTC 2011

This is my own thinking and I often tell people when interested in getting a
dog.

I tell them that I was a cane user first, and good at mobility. (Mobility is
a big issue) Some people can't find there way around, if they can't do it
with a cane or a dog, then what is the point.

Thinking that if you have good O & M then you can get around with a cane or
dog confidently. Doctors tell people they need a dog not realizing that you
need to know how to get to the place on your own, come on if you can't find
your way to the Doctor then how is the dog suppose to know.

Good O and M first I tell them (Orientation and Mobility)

I also say, that if your dog gets sick or you are in the middle of a dog, or
for whatever reason you are without the dog, why sit at home and wait for
others, we should be independent and have alternate forms of mobility beside
the dogs.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.