[nagdu] gentle leaders

Gary rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 25 15:40:06 UTC 2011

Hi Robert:

I use a halty on Bogart from time to time. Mostly in the situations you
mention. When in grocery stores or if he is getting too excited like on the
way to the dog park or a crowded beach walk. It gets him working more slow
for the reasons you stated. However he is one of those dogs who does not
like the halty and tries to get it off. I've got him not rubbing so much and
certainly would never take it off him when he is rubbing up against
everything. He also works his jaw when it is on like he is trying to find a
way to chew on it to get it off. He certainly makes you feel like he is
killing his poodle dignity with this silly thing on. I keep it in his
harness pouch so I always have it with me when I need it.

Gary