[nagdu] update: food issues

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 20:46:36 UTC 2011

Hi, Julie J, Robert H and all,
My friend Amanda Dreher's hearing dog Louie has moments where he won't eat
his food right away first thing in the morning.
I know this may sound odd, but Louie is a caron/wheaton terior mix.
Back to the eating thing.
It happenes when Amanda is stressing or if Louie is stressing out because of
weather change or other things.
Amanda doesn't force him to eat and figures that Louie will eat when he is
ready to.
There was also a time louie wouldn't eat either as he sensed when I was
having a convulsive grandmal seizure.
Despite that Amanda and I don't live close to one another, Louie still
picked up on it.
Since Louie isn't my dog in particular, I love him as much as my Odie.
My friend Natalie Orrell's male black lab guide dog Liam also picks up on
when my seizures happen, but he never stopped eating after that.
It would be rather strange if Liam had not eaten his food though and for a
lab to not eat, then it would be concerning.
I'm curious of what other dog breeds wouldn't eat their food imediately?
Bibi