[nagdu] Neighbors mourn death of blind pedestrian; his service dog will recover

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 17:38:49 UTC 2011

Julie and Marion,
I completely agree with what you both say here.  Our lives seem to be
worth less.  If this had been a sighted person there would be at least
some investigation.  But when we get hit or killed, automatically the
thought is that we are at fault some how.  But it's the same in other
areas as Marion pointed out.
If a sighted person hires a cleaning service, for example, it's
because they are too busy or the person doesn't want to do it.
If a blind person hires a cleaning service, it's because we need help.
Same thing with all kinds of things.  I cut my hand a couple months
back while cooking.  It wasn't a big deal but it happens... to
everyone!  And you wouldn't believe (or probably you would) how many
people were flipping out about me cooking.
It's just a double standard.

Rox and the Bayou Barkers:
Bristol, Mill'E, Laveau, Baylee,!

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never
reads lives only one." --George R. R. Martin
http://pawpower4me.blogspot.com
  pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: lillebriss