[nagdu] Questions About Guide Dogs

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Wed Aug 31 23:16:47 UTC 2011

Hi Tatyana,

Don't worry about that. Most people uses the word "command", but we all generally understand that it is more a "request", even if that isn't really the word we use, nor for that matter, the word the schools use. I merely bring it up for illustrative purposes, so that there's a bit more of an understanding of what our dogs are expected to do.
You're right: it is a big decision. And it's one you shouldn't take lightly. So says the guy that started his guide dog application because it sounded like a pretty good idea at the time. You really will get used to the different ways you get information using a dog versus using a cane. It isn't better or worse, but it is certainly different.

I want to ask you about something completely unrelated to this, so please look for my Email off list.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY