[nagdu] Some people Do Know...

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 10 11:01:02 UTC 2011

Will,
    What is interesting about your story is the level of disrespect
exhibited by the employee. You had already said your dog didn't get
attention while on duty and he said he "knew about guide dogs"; however, he
must have thought the "No Petting" rule only applied to those who know
nothing about guide dogs, huh?
    Merry and I had a similar encounter a couple of weeks ago. We were
shopping in WalMart when a woman walked up to us and said, "You have
beautiful dogs! I know I'm not supposed to pet them, but they are just so
beautiful! Can I pet them?" Merry replied in a very terse tone, "No! They
are on duty!" Later Merry acknowledged that she was very stern in her reply
and the woman seemed a bit offended; however, she knew better and shouldn't
have asked!

Peace!
Marion