[nagdu] MBTA was Re: beginning to use a cane

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 21:14:49 UTC 2011

Lyn

We don't have turn styles, but instead a sort of 2 part gate, when you tap
your charley card on the censer, it opens so that you can walk strait true.
This system is on the red line, the orange line, the blue line, and in some
plaices the Greene line. On the commuter rail and boat, I believe it is
still paper tickets. At least it was last time I rode, but I don't go that
direction often. On the busses, there is a censer by the door you tap your
card on, same with the green line on those stops ware there is no gates.

There is a special free charley card you can get if you are blind, that
allows you to ride the train for free, and however I don't take advantage of
it. however, I got one back in the day so that I did not have to pay for
riding the "T" back and forth while on mobility lessons.