[nagdu] Exemption for Private Clubs and Religious Organizations

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 29 00:45:30 UTC 2011

Dear All,
    The ADA specifically exempt private clubs and religious organizations
from the provisions of the Act. Here is what it says:

"The provisions of this title shall not apply to private clubs or
establishments exempted from coverage under title II of the Civil Rights Act
of 1964 (42
U.S.C. 2000- a(e)) or to religious organizations or entities controlled by
religious organizations, including places of worship." (42 USC 12187)

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala