[nagdu] what do you do with your dog when you go away?

PICKRELL, REBECCA M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Thu Jan 20 15:13:02 UTC 2011

		Gary,
I'd bet if you asked, you'd have people lining up to watch the hockey games and hold your pup for you.
If you do this, make sure the person doesn't have any other responsibilities and that you are very clear on what you need done and why.
When I marched in the drum corps, I tried bringing my dog to a couple parades. It didn't work as well as I'd hoped, the dog flipped out when I went to go march. It was easier on her if she just didn't go to the parades.
There was one parade I had to take her to because I was leaving on a trip right from the parade. The solution was to leave her on the bus (we took busses that were "ours" to that event) and so I left the dog with a responsible human. That worked out well, the dog didn't have to see me march by and wonder why she wasn't with me.
You also would want to be sure the dog was okay seeing you play. Can you take him toa practice to see how he does?
You're in a tough spot with all these trips. I have to say, I don't envy you.