[nagdu] list messages

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Jun 2 10:41:47 UTC 2011

The messages are not interrupted.  The digest contains the complete
messages as they were posted to the list, strung together.  People
reply to messages in most cases, placing their reply at the
top.  Below their text is the message to which they are replying.  If
a message is replied to multiple times, these strings of messages can
get quite long.  They are a product of people's mail software, not
the list software though.  The list just sends out what it is given
-- it doesn't alter the message text in any way.

This is the disadvantage of digest mode for blind persons.  It isn't
as easy for us to quickly scan down long strings of messages.  You
can search for the word subject:  or something else that is at the
beginning of each message, making movement a little quicker, but it
still can be tedious.

Dave