[nagdu] Follow up research participation request

Ally Matt ally.matt0 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 18:41:31 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am sorry to bother you again about my research. I promise, this will be
the last time. If you have completed the survey, I truly do appreciate it.
If not, I ask that you consider completing the online survey. I have
included the original text of the email, which includes the survey link.

Hello,

            I am a doctoral student at Purdue University, and I am working
on my doctoral dissertation project under the direction of my advisor, Dr.
Heather L. Servaty-Seib (servaty at purdue.edu). My study is focused on
gathering information from people who have experienced a vision-related
disability and who are between the ages of 18 and 64 years of age. I hope to
gather information about the ways people with vision-related disabilities
cope with their disability and how these methods of coping may relate to
people's ability to perform basic daily activities, sense of overall
satisfaction with their life, and interaction with the broader community.

            For the purposes of this study, I am looking for people who have
experienced a vision-related disability. This means that you have a
vision-related disability that substantially limits one or more major life
activities including caring for yourself, performing manual tasks, seeing,
learning, reading, or working, that there is a record of your vision-related
disability, or other people perceive you as having a vision-related
disability.

            If you would like to participate in this important work, please
click on the link below or paste the link into your web browser to be taken
to the survey. The survey will only take 20-30 minutes of your time, and you
will have the opportunity to enter a drawing for a $25 Audible.com gift card
with 1 in 100 odds.

Survey link

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/vision-related-disability-survey

Thank you for considering participating in this study.

Allyson Matt

Doctoral student, Counseling psychology

Purdue University

ally.matt0 at gmail.com