[nagdu] NAGDU: Well meaning people

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 17:57:33 UTC 2011

Lisa,

Oh, the wonderfully helpful ones who aren't.  /lol/  I honestly find them
way more distracting and irritating than honest-to-goodness rude snotty
types just because the helpers are being so gosh darn nice that I want to be
nice in return even though I really need them to go away and let me get on
with my life.  /lol/  Used to make me crazy!

If you figure out how to pull off a ridiculously courteous blow off, do
tell!  I haven't managed to get myself caught up in an endless ordeal of
sticky-sweet niceness for awhile now, but I'm sure I will again.  Probably
just as soon as I can managed to start squeezing enough out of my budget for
a bus pass and start heading out into the world by my lonesome without my
sighted manly caretaker.  /lol/  Going around with sighted women, I still
get helped a lot and interfered with in little ways a lot...  But having a
big strong man to look after me in the big wide world just seems to set
everyone's mind at ease that it's all under control and the blind woman is
safe from herself!  My inner feminist is not pleased by this, but I do get
more done and am quite spoiled by it.  /grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney