[nagdu] pace was Do you ever get angry with your dogsand howtocontroleit?

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Mar 4 20:31:26 UTC 2011

Lisa,

I've found that the best way to get moving faster is to vary the route.  If
I do the same thing day after day, I'll notice that our pace gets slower and
slower, at least on the way there.

I use treats too.  Just a random treat at the corner seems to perk him up a
bit.  I just use his regular kibble for treats because he is highly food
motivated and I have to be very careful of his diet.

You might also try the happy voice along with just moving faster yourself.

This is something pretty unconventional, but when Monty was younger I used
to stop and play with him every few blocks just to break up the routine.  He
knows to jump up on cue and I sometimes use this when I know he needs either
stress relief or perking up.  He likes to jump up and when he gets to, there
is an immediate difference in his work.  But like I said this is pretty
unconventional, just thought I'd toss it out there as food for thought.

Julie