[nagdu] commands

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Mon Nov 7 03:39:43 UTC 2011

The story about the boy reminds me of one that involved a pet.  The pets
name was Black Boy.  He was a jet black chihuahua.  He had a habit of
sneaking outside and going anywhere he chose!  One night, it was a warm,
dark night in Northeast Kalamazoo.  My Mom was a strawberry blonde with
really light, freckly skin.  She was helping our friend who owned the dog
look for him.  The friend was African-American and why she named her dog
Black Boy I'll never know!  Anyway, My Mom was going down the street
hollering, Black Boy!! at the top of her lungs!  This really dark pigment
black man turned around.  My Mom said he was really tall and muscular!  He
asked if Mom was calling him!  He then laughed as my Mom's face turned as
red as one of those big red heat bulbs!!  Sometimes I do apologize and
sometimes I don't.  I used to feel funny about saying, "good girl!: or
saying that and using her name sence I've ran into a couple of hollys, but
now, not so much.  If they can't see that I'm talking to the dog and they
just say something first, well they get embarrassed.  Also, some trainers
don't believe in using the dogs name in public if you don't have to because
other folks will use it.