[nagdu] commands

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 7 17:14:25 UTC 2011

That is too funny! With Mitzi, people hear her name as Misty. So if I
don't catch myself in time, my persnickety side comes out and tries to
clear things up. Then I remember the key to sorting things out: "You
know, like Mitzi Gainor!"

This works wonderfully just so long as there is someone around who has
been around long enough to have heard of her... /lol/ I'm actually
pretty relieved then if someone blurts out, "Oh, do you *sing*?" to my
dog. /lol/ I have come to the conclusion that I am in no danger of ever
taking myself or anything too seriously ever again, and who needs that
dignity stuff people are always going on about anyway? /grin/

Meanwhile, if someone does want to take their own misconceptions about
me, my dog or -- back in the day, my cane -- too seriously... I just
can't seem to make myself take them too seriously, so eventually they
have to give it up and laugh at the silliness of whatever socially
awkward thing has just happened or wander off in a huff. Most often, it
all turns into a new dawn of enlightenment and understanding, but when
it doesn't... There's not a thing I can do about that, so I can never
manage to worry about it for long. Unless there's something there I can
turn into a funny story... /lol/

Tami