[nagdu] Restaurant ordered service dog to lobby

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 04:00:11 UTC 2011

Hi, Marion and all,
I'm not a member of either organization, but have been on both sides of the
coin.
What we as individuals, including myself have to remember that what one may
feel may not agree with what one may think.
I guess what I'm trying to get at here is although both blind organizations
differ from one another, I've seen both the positive and negative sides on
each.
Now, it's confession time and I'm going to try my hardest to do my best in
wording what I'm saying here carefully.
Back when the informative choice resolution passed or came about in 2003,
that was what really turned me off and I felt that I didn't want to renew a
membership as a whole.
I experienced the same thing under the other guide dog affiliate too, but
have sinced realized that regardless of what organization a blind individual
or people choose to be apart of, it should be up to individuals on whether
they want to go further up the ladder or just stay in that nutral position.
Since my health has drastically changed and since I have have three medical
ailments I'm working with, I've decided the best course of action for me is
to just stay nutural.
Honestly, I can't tell people directly what organzation is best and which
will fit their needs.
I usually just tell those who may be interested is to refer them both to the
web site of each organization and they can look over the resources directly.
My belief here is that what makes a group like this one and the other one
work out is leadership and how both organizations are or will be perceived.
Some people also figure that they'd be better off sticking to the cane
rather than taking on the annual expense for food or vet costs.
My belief again as that each and every one of us do have a choice of what
works best.
Although the rule here is no organzation bashing, same rule is applied on
the other guide dog affiliate list too, mainly to prevent a possible war
from occuring.
Although membership fee has gone down to $5.00, I may think about rejoining
again.
Other affiliate is good too, despite differences, but can't afford the
higher membership fee since my financial resources are limited to what I can
spend on a monthly basis.
Since I'm medically not able to work, I do what I can with my fixed income.
My job is to also make sure that Odie's needs are still met and he's
properly taken care of.
I have a rule where if I'm supposed to make sure I take care of myself
monthly and am required to bathe, it applies to Odie as well.
Because of how much he went beyond the lines of duty when he was my guide
dog and now a medical alert service dog, Odie deserves more and it's only
fair that I continue what I promised in the beginning.
I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't have that powerful, strong, bond in the
beginning with my first and second guide dogs, but am glad that Odie and I
still have that deep connection and attachment to one another.
Again, this is just my sharing of the experience I went through with both
blind consumer organizations.
What I have experienced doesn't mean that others will have the same thing,
but far different from mine directly.
I feel that most important of all, I can go through both groups to ask for
advice.
I also realize that I don't need to be a member just to seek advice either,
but if I do need the further help, then yes, I'd fill out that membership
form.e, even if opinions or views may be different.
*Smiles*
just my thoughts here.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf