[nagdu] Talking or chirpping lights

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:19:45 UTC 2011

Since I was away, I would like to post my thoughts on this.

Marilyn, is trying to get these lights here on Long Island, that is fine.

To myself I do not agree, we the blind are not taught to go to the chirping or talking lights, not every place has them.  I was taught without them, the dogs are taught without them.

If we really on them and then we are at a place in the world that doesn't have them, then what are we going to do, wait to ask someone to help us cross.

We need to go back to the basics and listen for the traffic pattern, yes it might take longer to cross.

But the reality is that there will not be one on every corner, and in fact, some might be broken like the regular lights from time to time then what?

My own opinion.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>