[nagdu] Introduction Re: Canes With Dogs

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 09:30:27 UTC 2011

Hi, Rebecca P,
I also had strong support from my  father as well as my husband Dale way
before we were married.
They were both impressed with Odie's guide dog work and wanted to try to do
everything they could so I could keep him as a working guide.
Despite his medical problems, I knew he was still up to doing the tasks of
guiding me and other things.
Although the medical expense was or could have been a high consequence on my
end, I wasn't going to give up on Odie.
He felt that he could still guide me like a pro.
Odie was always confident within himself and took that high initiative upon
himself to make sure he did his job properly.
If he messed up, he also would want to rework his errors before going
anywhere else.
I could have easily given up on him, but felt that wouldn't have been fair
to him.
I ended up with a great guide dog, despite the medical quarks.
If need be, I'd gladly do it all over again.
Bibi